Monday, January 7, 2013

Intro

Welcome! Over the time that I have been married I have never really been in a position to do a lot of cooking due to getting home kind of late from work and my wife, who really enjoys cooking. The thing is, so do I. When I was younger I even managed a pizza restaurant. We did a lot more than just pizza there though and it was the basis of everything that I can do in the kitchen to this day. What can I make pretty well? I am pretty good with pasta and I can cook most meats. I know some pretty neat tricks prepping foods. Other than that, it’s odds and ends. I question my knife skills on a good day but know enough to tuck my fingers in. I am not sure what every cut of meat is, how to cut/butcher it. Spices, while I love them, I am not always sure what which ones go with what. Another thing that could prove interesting is that I am kind of fussy. So, here is the deal. If I make it I will have to make it in a way that I will eat it. I may have to cover a taste here and there or cook it down to nothing but if I put it in a pan or pot, I must eat it. That will be a little thing for me to learn to like other foods like the dredded brockoli and many others.
I’ll admit that I do have a bit of an odd timing thing going on here. I have been on a rather successful diet for the last 2 months and now I am looking to learn how to prepare food better then I know how to now. I kind of get a chuckle out of that. I suppose that on the upside, if I start learning to cook more than the classic family style foods I can control what goes into my food and maybe help myself lose some weight.
So, here it is, the purpose of this site. I’ll use it as a place to store my recipes, both copied and made up. I’ll try to post pictures of the process and the end plate. I’ll try and have my wife let me cook more than once a week and more that a peanut butter and jelly sandwich for the kids. In other words, I don’t know how often I’ll be able to post here but I’ll do all that I can. It could be fun and in my learning something, maybe, just maybe, someone else out there may as well.
Chris

No comments:

Post a Comment